Old April 2nd 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Looking for 1958 Plymouth repro 150 MPH speedo plate.

Remember, Stephen King is a Mopar enthusiast. He seems to have known
the '58 Fury wasn't offered in red and white, which may be why he
specified in detail in the novel that the red/white paint job had been
specially ordered by the original owner, Roland LeBay. I'm pretty sure
that bit of dialogue made it into the movie, as well.

What does not wash, though, is the bit in the novel where the car is
described as having a "Hurst shifter". We know from other descriptions
in the book that it has an automatic transmission, which would've been
pushbutton-controlled in '58. Ergo, no Hurst shifter.