Old December 6th 04, 10:38 PM
Bernard Farquart

"Dave Head" > wrote in message
>>How is someone elses speed any problem for you?

> Why, you _know_ they are gonna fly off the road and disintigrate if the
> exceed
> the speed limit, dontcha? Just ask Judy or Carl.
>
> I'm just pointing out the hypocracy of someone who is already breaking the
> law
> complaining about someone else breaking the law.

If you read carefully, I think you will find the objections
are based more on courtesy, and predictabilaty, rather than
legality.

>>If you are driving propperly, and keeping right, they have
>>no effect on you by passing you at whatever speed they are
>>going.

> Sure they do - because when they get beside me, a really goodly number
> will
> decide to "pass" me at exactly my speed. That requires me to do things
> that
> will get me a ticket, or noticed or both. Not happenin'. They want to
> drive
> that nutty, they can do it on my right side, where they won't be able to
> stay
> for more than a few minutes.

OK, since someone else *may* be an idiot,
you have to act like one, as well?

>>You , on the other hand, are forcing people to slow
>>down,

> Hey, I don't have to slow down when encountering someone else in the left
> lane,
> and neither do that.
>
>>wait to see if you will move over

> I don't wait. They don't have to either
>
>> (as could reasonably
>>be expected)

> No, its not reasonable. If they use the horn or a headlight flash, then
> it
> would e reasonable to expect someone to get over immediately. But if I
> observe
> a car that's been driving in the left lane for the last 2 minutes as I
> approach, I don't reasonably expect them to do anything but continue
> driving in
> the left lane.

yes, it is reasonable to expect someone to keep right
while not passing, if you define reasonable as what
most people would expect. Shall we take a poll?

>>then proceed around you on the right,

> Like they would do in the 1st place if they had any "street smarts".
>
> Tell you what - you proceed down 200 miles of road in Virginia waiting
> behind
> every car in the left lane for them to move over, and I'll pass 'em on the
> right immediately. I'll see you at the other end, but I will have already
> finished dinner by the time you get there.

I don't have such a problem with you passing
on the right is someone won't get over, I have a problem
with you sitting in the right lane, at 7 over, like it
is the smartest thing to do. It makes you an obstacle
but since you are not going to figure that out, I see no
reason to keep telling you what is plain to everyone else.

Bernard