Old December 6th 04, 10:27 PM
Dave Head

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:19:19 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
> wrote:

>"Dave Head" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Just like people that are on my tail and want to go faster - they don't
>> give a
>> rip that they're 7 over the limit and wanting to do 10 or 15 or 20.
>> Everybody's putting themselves first, it seems.

>How is someone elses speed any problem for you?

Why, you _know_ they are gonna fly off the road and disintigrate if the exceed
the speed limit, dontcha? Just ask Judy or Carl.

I'm just pointing out the hypocracy of someone who is already breaking the law
complaining about someone else breaking the law.

>If you are driving propperly, and keeping right, they have
>no effect on you by passing you at whatever speed they are
>going.

Sure they do - because when they get beside me, a really goodly number will
decide to "pass" me at exactly my speed. That requires me to do things that
will get me a ticket, or noticed or both. Not happenin'. They want to drive
that nutty, they can do it on my right side, where they won't be able to stay
for more than a few minutes.

>You , on the other hand, are forcing people to slow
>down,

Hey, I don't have to slow down when encountering someone else in the left lane,
and neither do that.

>wait to see if you will move over

I don't wait. They don't have to either.

> (as could reasonably
>be expected)

No, its not reasonable. If they use the horn or a headlight flash, then it
would e reasonable to expect someone to get over immediately. But if I observe
a car that's been driving in the left lane for the last 2 minutes as I
approach, I don't reasonably expect them to do anything but continue driving in
the left lane.

>then proceed around you on the right,

Like they would do in the 1st place if they had any "street smarts".

Tell you what - you proceed down 200 miles of road in Virginia waiting behind
every car in the left lane for them to move over, and I'll pass 'em on the
right immediately. I'll see you at the other end, but I will have already
finished dinner by the time you get there.

>unsure if you are going to suddenly move over to your
>right,

'cuz you got no "street smarts"

> your behavior is unquestionably worse than theirs.

Naw, just a notion you have.

Dave Head