Old November 28th 05, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Window motor

In article <EsFkI7LVLls8-pn2-eTHxilITsYF7@localhost>,
"Jerry" > wrote:

> The driver's side window on my '97 Miata has been acting sluggish and
> apparently drawing lots of amps lately. At first I thought that the
> window and/or mechanism needed to be lubricated, but the dealer said
> that the motor was in decline and needed replacement.

I think the dealer is probably wrong. Check these pages:
http://www.miata.net/garage/powerwin/index.html
http://www.miata.net/garage/CleaningSwitch.html

Also, while you're cleaning and lubricating the window tracks, see if a
plastic roller has developed a flat spot and stopped rolling.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis