Old March 11th 05, 12:54 PM
Charles Fregeau

"Ben Boyle" > wrote in message
> The original Isetta was made by Iso, an Italian refrigerator manufacturer.
> But, the Isettas that BMW built under license
> were reworked quite a bit. They had BMW drivetrains and most of their
> components are unique to them, and not to the Iso
> Isettas.

That would explain the front of the design then. Not to put the Isetta
down, but people that drive the new 5 series might be a bit embarrased to
admit that BMW ever did something called the Isetta. Just like the Jag
drivers might be embarrased by Swallow Sidecar Company. I get the feeling
the current VWoA is feeling the same way about the Beetle to a certain
extent. . . .

Charles of Kankakee