Old August 25th 04, 01:48 PM
Dad

"Fred" > wrote in message
> Just wondering if anyone makes custom luggage bags for Corvettes. After
> looking at `04 Vettes recently for the first time (coupes and verts),
> seems
> that cargo space is tight. For coupes, you need to be able to store the
> roof top (which might be wet or dirty) in the cargo area, placing it on
> top
> of or underneath your luggage. For verts, you need to fold the roof
> (which
> might be wet or dirty) down into the cargo area right next to your
> luggage.
> In both scenarios, it seems it would be helpful to have some custom
> luggage
> bags designed to fit perfectly in the Vette cargo areas, maximizing
> carrying
> capacity and keeping items safe and clean from the wet and/or dirty coupe
> roof top or vert top, etc. If anyone does offer such custom luggage bags,
> can someone please direct me to a link with more info, etc. Thanks.

Luggage space is not the problem, weight is. You realize that the weight
capacity of the C5 is 400 pounds? So you can get 2 passengers and a box of
Kleenex in it for travel. On the reality side I took the GF and enough
luggage to dress the Swiss army on a 6,000 mile cruise to the Pacific and
the Atlantic coasts this year without any real problems. Actual we had room
to spare. It rained so hard all the way through Oregon we didn't open the
windows let alone take off the top, plus I don't take it off and drive 80
MPH anyhow. Except for her 4 drawer dresser we used soft side luggage. What
did she buy during the trip? Clothes. ;-]

--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51