Old August 11th 06, 06:31 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Vijay

Default electric window problem

UPDATE:

Craig: I printed your post and did what you suggested. Removed the
plate, unplugged the cable from the switch, and nothing happened. If I
read your post correctly, the window should have one up to the top
position. I plugged and unplugged the cable a few times without any
movement from the window. I have put everything back together the way
it was. I have the week-end free, so any other thoughts?

By the way, I couldn't unplug the cable without removing both bolts. I
just couldn't access the cable without removing both bolts completely.
Did I miss something from your post? It was a bummer getting the inner
plate in position to put the screws back in.

The TORX seems like a US term. In UK, Halfords told me, these are
called star head screwdrivers (and bolts)

Vijay