Old August 8th 06, 07:05 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Vijay

Default electric window problem

admin wrote:

> You might try resetting the window top-position switch. Key on - press
> the window button UP and hold it there for 60 seconds or so.

Thanks admin.This didn't work. I kept the UP button pressed for a
minute or so. Nothing. The window didn't move at all!

> If the door switch isn't working - it will also have this effect. Do you
> hear a click (audible even to my deaf ears) when you press the button in
> by hand (you can do this with one finger inside the post on the latch
> receiver assembly..) No click = bad switch. Easy DIY once you buy the
> correct torx(tm) drive bits to remove the latch receiver (mark it first
> so you get it back in the same position..)

I do hear a click. Whereas on the good side, it is accompanied by the
window glass moving up and down, it doesn't do the same on the bad
side. The click is there though. I wasn't clear from your post whether
this means the switch is good and if so, what does one do next?

Thanks much.

Vijay