Old February 10th 05, 02:04 AM
Chopface

TeGGer® wrote:
> Even at the prices these cars sell for, both Toyota and Honda lose money
> overall on every hybrid they sell.

Would you view it as an investment that will pay off for them some day?
How does the economics of licensing work out for Toyota? Don't they sell
their technology to Ford and/or others?

Also, if gas were as much in America as it is in Europe, I imagine the
demand would only increase. Maybe we would see more older, smaller
displacement cars fixed up (mechanically at least) and on the road.

By the way, I have no idea how much gas is taxed in Canada, but I have
travelled there in the past. I don't remember it being significantly higher.

Mark