Old June 5th 06, 04:18 PM posted to aus.cars,alt.fan.landrover,rec.autos.4x4

Default Land Rover Discovery bonnet release at 60 km/h

came up with the following;:

> Has anyone heard of this happening to Land Rovers?

Not mine, but the front corners of the bonnet do move somewhat alarmingly at
speeds above 60mph on the motorways.

> The most important issue for me and my family is, why did this
> accident happen?

It does look like you [1] just haven't spotted the bolts and catch are loose
when you've been doing the normal, everyday checks we [2] all do.

> Furthermore, what will stop it happening again?

The normal, everyday checks we all do, but add one, for your own piece of
mind, that includes checking the bonnet release. Actually I have to spray
mine regularly with WD40/Plusgas etc to keep it free .. it always seems to
stiffen up after a few weeks.

[1] I do also mean any service 'personnel' who might have been doing the
servicing.

[2] That's the royal 'we', I don't pretend to speak for everyone, but mean
'we' as a family of drivers.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!