Old July 13th 05, 06:22 PM
C. E. White

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:23:59 GMT, DYM > wrote:
>
> >Whose decision was it to cross the double yellow line?

> Would he have even tried to cross the double yellow if it weren't for
> the Sloth RRB in front of him?

No where I have I seen any evidence that there was a "sloth" driver involved
at all - unless your definition of a sloth driver is any driver who is going
slower than the driver behind him wishes he would go. You have no idea of
the speed of the car (truck) the guy in the Ranger was trying to pass. It
could be he was actually speeding, and the guy in the Ranger just wanted to
go faster still. Even if the driver at the head of the line was doing 45 in
a 55, he was probably not breaking any laws. The way I read things, this was
a heavily traveled, not particularly straight, two lane road. On roads like
this you are sometimes going to be trapped behind slower traffic. You (and
everyone else) needs to learn to deal with it in a reasonable and courteous
manner. Many in this group seem to imply that if you aren't willing to drive
really fast, then you should turn in your drivers license. I believe that if
you are so impatient and rude that you feel you have to harass law abiding
citizens, you should not be allowed to drive.

> There's no question that the guy who crossed the double yellow has the
> lion's share of the blame. However, that doesn't mean the Sloth is
> entirely blameless. He is the one who created the dangerous situation
> in the first place.

This is speculation on your part. You are making stuff up, and then trying
to use your made up facts to try to shift the blame away from someone who
did something that was not only illegal, but just plain stupid. As long as
there are multiple independently controlled cars on the same road, there are
always going be cases were drivers that want to go faster are "trapped"
behind drivers that don't want to go as fast. Unless the slower drivers are
going slower than the legal minimum (if there is one), then they are most
likely not breaking any rules. The drivers that want to go faster have no
right to harass them or make dangerous maneuvers just because they want to
go faster. Eventually the slower driver will turn off, or there will be a
safe opportunity to pass.

Your "Sloth Kills" mantra is just an attempt by you to demonize law abiding
citizens who don't drive as you wish they would. Trying to demonize people
just because they aren't willing to drive as fast as you wish is just wrong.
One day you will be old and less competent that you seem to think you are.
When you reach this stage of life, it will interesting to see if you give up
your driver's license so that you don't become the "Sloth Driver" holding up
all the young people in a hurry.

Ed