Old January 21st 05, 09:17 PM
Martik

Default Salvage car write-off

I considering to resell a 2003 CHRYSLER Sebring purchased from a Manitoba
insurance company for $3800CAD. It was a write-off due to some electrical
system problem after the trunk portion was lowered into a lake and has been
repaired. There is no visible damage to the car which only has 20k kms. It
does not seem plausible that a car in such good shape could have been a
write-off. I did call a dealer who said some wiring harnesses are $2000 each
so I guess if the whole electrical system shorted out including the
computers it may be possible. Any comments?