Old May 18th 05, 12:07 AM
tricky

My 1303 is half way through a body off resto

Floor pans are done

I took the doors off. I will fix a brace across the door opening before
I cut out the heater channels. (bugme dont leave the doors on ! )

I measured the hole offset from the tunnel to the floor pan holes and
made sure the new ones went in the same place. I will 'loose' fit the
heater channels and put the body on to line up the holes and door
opening (as in the bugme vid's ) before I weld it good and proper (thats
my plan anyway)

I dont know what shape yours is in, but it took me more time to undo
PO's bad repairs before I could separate the body. The heater channels
were welded to the floor all the way round !

Some of the 17mm bolts that I removed 'span' in the chassis, so I guess
I will have to weld new nuts to the body chassis points before I can
bolt the rolling chassis back up. (dont know if you have the same bolts
on a standard bug)

be prepared for more work than you think. I am just about to replace
the frame head. It looked ok before I could see it :-) .

other bits and pieces - like the front and back valences were full of
filler (bondo) etc.

Mainly rusted nut/bolts/bleed nipples etc... are what slowed me down.

Its not too bad when you get it separated and can see the task ahead !

Good luck, and if I can be of any help while the body is still off mine
(photos etc. ), just ask !

Rich