Old August 14th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Default Poetic Justice

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Mike T. said in
rec.autos.driving:

> "Larry Bud" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > Having a son who graduated high school a couple of years ago, I know
> > EXACTLY how big a stigma it is for high school kids to ride the school
> > bus these days. This judge is BRILLIANT - I hope to see her on the
> > Supreme Court one day.
> >
> > http://www.chicagosuntimes.com/outpu...nws-bus14.html
> >
> > Punishment for teen drivers: riding the bus
> >
> > August 14, 2006
> >
> > PORTAGE, Ind. -- A judge fed up with teen traffic violators is hitting
> > them where it hurts -- in the driver's seat -- by sentencing them to
> > the embarrassment of riding the school bus.

> I'm waiting for the ACLU and a bunch of psychologists to jump in saying
> this punishment is cruel as it's detrimental to the kid's self-esteem.
>
> (my reply)
>
> In many midwest school districts, bus service is not available at all at the
> high school level. I wonder what this judge would have done in that
> ase? -Dave

Don't know about other districts, but here, you have to live a certain
distance from the school inorder to be eligible to ride the bus. Still,
the judge's punishment is innovative, though.

--
I ncompetence &
C orruption