Old August 11th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
fweddybear

Default accord start up problem

> Hi. I have a 1990 honda accord and recently when I try to start the car
> it just whines but doesnt start. If i let it sit for about 15-20
> minutes then try again it starts up fine. This has happened about 3
> times this month and im not quite sure what is wrong. 90% of the time
> it starts up fine. Im thinking I need a new starter? Is there anything
> specific I should check? If i need to replace the starter does anyone
> know how much it usually costs? Thanks in advance.

If it sounds like something isn't engaging ie you hear something
spinning faster than it should, your starter isn't engaging. You can either
replace it, or fix it...depending on your budget. If it were me, I would
replace it.

Let us know how you make out..

Fwed