Old May 23rd 04, 07:41 PM
AlexUK

DJ,

You will need to register the car with them by calling the phone
number Pete gave you. Normally you have to pay to register if you are
the second owner BUT, save yourself some money, its FREE for
pre-registered vehicles. Here is the URL

http://www.retainagroup.co.uk/updates/vehicle_svl.html

The bad news is you may have to have it serviced ASAP to ensure the
warranty is kept up to date (one year from registration +/- one month
or 12,000 miles). Maybe you could get the Dealer to do this before its
given to you. I am currently checking up on this as I also have an 03
May pre reg car (156). Car was PDI'd by Alfa fleet, number plates say
Alfa Fleet, and V5 says Opti lease.

Pre registering cars is mainly used to bump the cars up the sales
chart and to receive BIG bonuses from the manufacturer for achieving
sales targets (measured on the number of registrations). For Alfa's
last year it was a question of getting rid of old shape stock.

Alex