Old October 18th 04, 08:55 PM
Steve

Ted Azito wrote:

> I refuse to take NASCAR seriously when the street cars are all FWD
> with transverse four cylinder engines and the ""stock"" car has a
> front V8 mounted fore and aft and driving the rear wheels. SCCA
> Showroom Stock is more honest, and actually better racing action.

I don't understand the visceral urge to bitch about NASCAR or any other
racing series that doesn't catch your fancy. Formula 1 isn't anymore
"honest." IRL isn't anymore "honest." CART isn't anymore "honest." All
of them are just spec series where all the cars have to comform to a
given set of rules. I happen to LIKE it when the rules call for a 5.7
liter naturally-aspirated v8. True, NASCAR hasn't been "stock" since
1973, but then there hasn't been a race-worthy "stock" sedan built since
the Buick Grand National was cancelled anyway. Racing front-drive v6
cars would be about as exciting as watching ice melt.