Old May 22nd 04, 10:34 PM
New Alfa Owner

wrote:

> >> I have just bought a 2.5 V6 Tourismo, Nero Black, Grey cloth interior.
> >> Its an 03 (Registered May 03) with 30 Miles on the clock ? The dealer

tells
> >> me he bought it direct from Alfa Romeo but the car is registered to a
> >> leasing company. Anyone understand how this works ?
> >> Have I bought a dodgy motor - I paid £12,500

> I was going to offer to swop but then I noticed your's is Black :-)
> So long as everything else is in order then you should not worry.
> I assume it has the appropriate documents - including the
> magic phone number on the windows? Vin number matches?
> Paperwork is genuine with watermarks? No probs then <BWG>
> Who's a luck lad then.
>
> Pete
> --
> >
> 156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
> 147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)

Thanks Gents that's eased my mind. The dealer told me it was a way of AR
pre-registering the car but the more I thought about it (after I had paid my
deposit !) the more I couldn't understand how or why a car could only have
delivery miles (30) after a whole year.

The car does have the chassis number etched into the front windscreen and
the side windows are also etched with some infomationl, the dealer pointed
this out to me after I asked him to confirm it was not an import.

Wish me luck with my first Alfa.

DJ