Old July 16th 05, 02:06 PM
G Henslee

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Kevin Spencer wrote:
>

>>I wanted to get some opinions about my behavior. I recently moved into a
>>house (I'm house-sitting for a few years) and I have never had my own
>>driveway before this move. I find myself always backing into the
>>driveway now when I park, so when it's time for me to go anywhere, I can
>>pull out forward, and I won't have to worry about backing into a small
>>child or another vehicle.

> Yours is a smarter and safer way to use a home driveway than the more
> common method of nosing in and backing out, and for exactly the reason you
> state.

Many people would be surprised to know that some cities have ordinances
prohibiting backing a car out of a driveway onto a major thoroughfare.
People who live on busy main streets will quite often have circle drives
or turn-around areas that they can pull into and back up to the house
just enough to get facing forward to exit the driveway.