Old September 14th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default 1990 Miata with 1.6 with shimmy in possibly the driveshaft.

Lanny Chambers > wrote in
:

> In article . com>,
> "Trent" > wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the input, last night I took off the front wheels
>> and
>> shook the wheel, and I think the front bearings are either wore
>> out or low on bearing grease,

> Have you gotten a decent wheel balance yet? Don't start replacing
> expensive parts at random until you've eliminated the most-likely
> source of the problem.

Agreed but the OP should inspect and grease the wheel bearings, that's
apparently needed. It may or may not have anything to do with the
shimmy but it still needs to be done and I'd consider it to be urgent
if there's any evidence of dry or bad bearings.