Old July 23rd 05, 04:10 PM
Pooh Bear

> Opps I meant to say OR forgive me for a little mistake and the prev posts
> seem to have understood what I meant.
>
> Actually never heard of an outcry about brake lights

Me neither.

> and nearly all the
> people I know over in the UK which is many do not use the emergency brake

You *are* kidding right ? It's the handbrake btw. It has no relationship
whatever to *emergencies*. It is used in normal driving and you'll fail your
driving test if you don't use it correctly.

> and I used to live there for 28 years of my life and 11 was driving. Also
> most people do not really apply the emergency brake on a hill unless rather
> steep,

Utter nonsence !

> as we have nearly all master moving off the help by knowing when the
> clutch bite point.

How often do you have your clutch plate replaced doing that ? Holding a car on
the clutch on a hill for any length of time instead of applying the handbrake is
plain berserk.

Graham