Old July 21st 05, 02:20 PM
jeff

Nathan W. Collier wrote:
> "jeff" > wrote in message
>
>>the preponderance of the links came back using the term Freon generically

> i can do a google and provide you with dozens of links to sites who
> celebrate adolph hitler as a hero. does that mean hitler was a hero? of
> course not.

Nice strawman, BUT, if you do the search you talk of, the fraction of
number of main-line historical hits compared to the nutball neo-nazi
hits is probably over 100:1. Not the same at all.

> "freon" is not used within the industry as anymore more than a
> brand name. they may use it so that ignorant ****s like you can read along
> and pretend you know something about it, but that doesnt make it proper.

And stupid ****s like you refuse to look beyond the cartoon version of
their service manual _Refrigeration_for_Dummys_. I am not disagreeing
that Freon is a registered trademark of DuPont. I *am* saying that their
branding was too good and for the majority of the population, including
the examples I provided of more than a score of engineering firms, Freon
is a generic term. It's not a matter of what is "Proper", simply a
reflection of what *is*.

>>On one hand I have your unsupported assertion that *NOBODY* in the
>>"Industry"
>>would ever use FREON in place of R-12 or dichlordiflouromethane.
>>Conversely I have provided 25 cites ( and that was just the tip of the
>>iceberg) showing common use of the term Freon for cfc based refrigerants.
>>Appeals to authority are not a valid argument technique, especially when
>>the authority is yourself.

> well i guess your little google search makes you the expert! :-)

I have never claimed expertise, I simply demonstrated the fundamental
error in your statement that the word Freon is NEVER used as a generic
term for CFCs/a Class of Refrigerants/a chemical compound.

>>Yep, the same mechanism disburses freon in the atmosphere :-)

> not comparable. youre talking about lifting scores of miles and thats not
> going to happen from typical winds.

Ok then, I am still waiting to see these puddles of freon of yours!

>>What prevents some portion of that which a fan lifted a couple of feet
>>from being further lifted by a breeze outside? You can't have your
>>argument both ways.

> the breeze doesnt blow from ground level to the ozone layer.

Metrology by Nate: Cumulo-Nimbus clouds do not exist! Just like Bill's
invisible force field at the equator which prevents any and all air
exchange between the hemispheres.
LMAO

--
jeff