Old July 14th 05, 02:32 AM
kaboom

Default 2003 GTI 1.8T

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:45:41 -0400, Ototin > wrote:

>The radiator fan does not turn on and run on after the ignition switch
>is turned off. There is no problem with the coolant temperature, i.e.
>it is not overheating. Today in my part of the world it was 35C and I
>had the A/C turned on while driving for over 50 km. When I stop and
>parked I noticed that the radiator fan turned off as soon as I
>switched off the A/C.
>
>On my previous 1997 GTI VR6 the radiator fan will turn on for a few
>minutes after the ignition switch is turned off.

**I have a 2003 Jetta 1.8T and the fan has run after the car was shut
off only once. I was stuck behind a tractor doing 10mph for just under
a mile on a scorching hot day in Mich. Got home, shut off the car and
the fan ran for a bit. It has never run in any other circumstance
(when shutting off the car) despite the weather or me using the A/C.

kaboomie