Old October 28th 04, 11:02 PM
Ppelectron

>>I have to replace the mid section of my Alfa Spider (99 V) exhaust
>> and have been advised to get oringial alfa parts. But this is over
>> twice the cost of say Kwik Fit. Are there any real advantages to
>> getting original exhaustss parts?

I don't think the quality of the parts is a major problem. The problem is
usually with the quality of the fitting. I let a back street garage do my 156
exhaust and I saved lots of money. But the job was butchered and I have never
been happy with it. I think Kwik Fit are pretty good in general and I have
previously bought tyres and exhausts there for other cars. The fitters seem
quite well trained. But my next Alfa exhaust will be from the local main dealer
because frankly, nobody else seems confident enough to work on the car.

Phil 156 V6 1998