Old October 24th 04, 01:23 PM
Carl Farrington

Alfa71 wrote:
> Yesterday I changed one of the small light bulbs that
> illuminates the speedometer. Quite an easy process,
> just 3 screws and two connectors to disconnect.
> Only trouble is that now, after remounting everything,
> I have the red and yellow airbag warning lights on.
> I checked connections again behind the dash-speedometer
> and all is ok. Infact all lights work and turn off after check
> control, but these two remain lit up.
> I aslo checked the n°1 and n° 10 fuse (they're supposed to be
> protecting the Airbag system) and they are both intact.
> Anyone had a similar experience ? can somebody help me ?
> Only thing I can point out is that it could be a different lamp power
> (they come from my old AUDI 80!!) and could have probably
> caused a higher current absorbtion damaging some other circuit.
> Could it be ?
>
> Thanks for any advice or help, Tony (Italy)

Sounds like you had the key in the ignition and turned to ACC or ON or
whatever when you disconnected the odo stuff. On the Supra it's simply a
matter of alternating two pins (TC & AB) in the DIAG port to the ground
terminal of the battery.

I'm sure there will be a similar procedure for the Alfa, but I don't know
exactly what it is. If you can't do it yourself then a dealer should be able
to do it for you. HTH