Old July 8th 05, 01:13 AM
DougW

Peter Pontbriand did pass the time by typing:
> 1998 ZJ - Tailgate was closed on a nylon strap right where the latch is. Now
> the tailgate won't open even when a pry bar is used to apply some persuasion
> while the latch handle is pulled out. Anybody have any good ideas before I
> break out my grinder with zip disk in frustration?

I'd try having someone press with thier feet from the inside. Not sure
but check under the bumper to see if the strike is held in with nuts on
the underside. You can almost rule out going through the inside plastic
as there isn't much you can get ahold of.. but if you can get the inside
plastic off (watch the edges, they are razor sharp) you could unbolt the
latch and open the door that way.

rotsaruck

--
DougW