Old September 1st 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Private

Default Direction GM's taking Saturn

"Buster" > wrote in message
> $300-500 doesn't even cover the salesman's commision. How do you
> suppose the dealer pays for the building, taxes, the lights so you can
> shop at night, the guy who keeps the car clean, etc. Some profit is
> essential for a retailer to stay in business, they aren't supported by
> your tax dollars. That said, I'm all for getting the best deal you
> can! Your buying technique is the most effective one out there, btw.
> Buster

I do not need a salesman or dealer's building, taxes, or lights and I do not
want to pay for car washing. I would be happy to purchase on the internet
and to take delivery as the car rolls off the truck. Dealers make money and
sales from unknowledgeable customers and from warranty service and the
significant margins on parts, shop labor and leasing.

I would have happily negotiated price, and did not consider the no haggle
policy an attraction.

just my .02 YMMV