Old August 9th 06, 04:40 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Barking Rats

Default Parking brake (78) light

In article t>,
"Bill Riddell" > wrote:

> The parking brake light on my 78 Corvette won't go out, I don't use the
> parking brake and last week when I took the car out the parking brake light
> came on.
> Thanks for the help.
> Bill

Since I didn't see any responses yet, I'll take a stab at it and offer
my 2 cents though my Corvettes are older.

My first thought, since you said you DON'T use the P-brake is that
there's a failure in the brake's pressure system and the light does
double duty: parking brake engaged and hydraulic pressure warning. I
don't know if this era of Corvette used such a dual warning, but it
certainly would be something to check out. Read your owner's manual to
check if this could be a possibility. (You could merely be low on brake
fluid...)

It could also be a stuck switch for the P-brake. Perhaps it was engaged
and during storage the switch became stuck in the engaged position even
after the brake was released.

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen
___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is
original posting --
___

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
-- Ann Hayman Zwinger