Old April 24th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default warped brake rotors - ongoing ?

Just a posting about the historical and ongoing
warped brake rotor problem -
Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2001 -

I had "serviced" the "warped" rotors at about 15k, 30k, & 45k,
replacing them at the original 15k service visit,
grinding at the 30k, and replacing again at 45k.

At the 45k mark, I had the standard rotors replaced
with some drilled & slotted upgraded versions on the front...
Now we are at 54k, and approaching the next 15k interval at 60k.
I can almost sense the coming of the steering wheel vibration during
braking.

Has there been any consensus about the "warped" rotor problem ?
Since I'm now using a different set of rotors,
they don't seem to fit into the equation for failure...
Some of the past ideas were :
rotor material
pad material
overtightening the lug nuts with impact wrenches

Any updates or other current observations
as I approach the next rotor inspection