Old June 21st 05, 03:07 PM
RPS

Car Guy > wrote:

: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp

Greatly appreciate this reference. However, this has introduced a yet
another category to me: "grand touring"!

My basic conditions are as follows: I don't drive to work, so can avoid
some of the worst weather. Lots of pot-holes on some of the roads I
have to take. Not much rain but Midwest snow (3 months/yr?). Summers
can touch 95 deg.

Most driving is within 25 miles (speed 45-60, roads can be bad), but we
do take a few 500 miles trips (speed average 60-80, good roads).

I care about safety first, then quiet ride, then smooth ride, and tread
wear the last.

Which of these groups fit me: Passenger, Touring, Grand Touring, and
Performance?