Old March 4th 05, 02:25 PM
Jussi Koukku

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:10:31 +1000, "Steve Simpson" >
wrote something like:

>> The vibrating wheel is supposedly emulating engine torque? Hey, if you
>> like
>> it that's all that matters.

>Correct....and you'll notice that when you rev the engine the body moves on
>the suspension so engine torque is modelled in the game. I just found it
>strange that such a small thing (which is actually a neat feature) was
>enough for you to dismiss it.

The vibrating wheel isn't emulating engine torque, it's emulating the
vibrations that the engine is causing to the cars body. I personally
don't like it in FF effects, feels like holding a chain saw.

And yes, engine torque is modelled in the game. If it wasn't the cars
wouldn't move
--
- Jussi Koukku -