Old February 24th 05, 05:55 PM
tony kujawa

Default Value of '71?

There is a red '71 by me for sale and I'd like to know if it is worth
looking at or not. I have not seen it yet, but am going tomorrow or
Saturday. 350 (Not original) 4 speed, A/C, PW, $8500. I had a 68 about 6
years ago that was a decent driver that I bought and sold for $6500. I'm
sure that very car would fetch 10K today. All that being said, if this 71
is in the same shape as my 68 was, I'm jumping on it. I guess I just need
some confirmation of what you all think. I'm just looking for a decent
driver, no desire to restore. I knew my 68 pretty well and the inherent
problems they had so I'm not going into this blind, I was just wondering if
there are any frame issues I should look for. i.e. weak spots where it may
rust out etc.

Thanks, Tony