Old January 31st 05, 02:46 PM

Darus wrote:
> Perhaps it's just me, but does it seem difficult to nail down a

release
> date for the US for GTR?
>
> I just checked the SimBin forums and can't seem to find anything
> regarding the US release, or if there is one. I have heard "rumors"
> that Atari will market the sim, but no press release or even an
> announcement from SimBin. I also heard a "late Q1" release, meaning
> March/April.
>
> It seems odd to me that the software is complete, but the marketing
> outside Germany is poorly conceived. As well as SimBin advanced with
> this porject, they seem to have dropped the ball as far as actually
> selling its product.
>
> I'd like to get the sim, even if it's a German version with English
> patches applied, but if a US release is scheduled for late Feb. or
> early March, I'll hold off and wait for a fully English version.

I feel the same way. If any version of GTR were available in stores
here in the US today, I'd definitely buy it - even knowing of the bugs
(I don't actually believe the current release of GTR is any more buggy
than most current retail games). But I'm not going to jump through
hoops to order it online from an international distributor. By the
time GTR is available here, I'm guessing that rFactor will also be
available, and I will probably buy it instead of GTR, as it runs on a
newer version of the ISI engine (I'm more impressed with the rFactor
demo than the GTR demo).

-Pat