Old August 16th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Caravan rear brake pad replacement

My apologies as I am not an expert mechanic like some folks here. I
have searched the group and have found all sorts of issues on brakes,
but not what I need. I am having news server issues so maybe I am
missing something in the process.

My rear brakes on my 2001 caravan make noise when I first start her up
and take off, but it almost disappears after awhile. I am thinking it
*may* need brake pads in the rear. I had them checked awhile ago, and
they said something about ridges forming on the drum and cleaned them
up (& of course charged me for it), but with little result. They did
also tell me this is a common issue on caravans.

Now - does anyone know of a site or a thread which tells a dummy like
me how to go about checking/replacing the linings on the rear (non-ABS)
brakes in a 2001 dodge caravan?

Thanks for any and all information. Because of the news server issue,
if you could copy any (polite!!? lol) response to
it would be appreciated.

regards.