Old October 17th 04, 01:21 AM
ares

1997 Dodge Caravan. I have a thread in here about my problem with the
noise.

We've been keeping up pretty well with maintenance, but now the Check Engine
soon light is on; came on 2 months ago and we had the guy reset it as he
couldn't find a problem with that either. Then again, hubby bought a fuel
filter several months ago and has yet to put THAT on; he didn't know where
it was located and all I can find now is that you have to remove the fuel
tank to change the filter, argh..............but maybe it needs it and could
be why the light came on, or perhaps that we sometimes fuel up extra
containers and add gas to the car from containers and maybe some leaks onto
a sensor?
And I'm due for an oil change too. I thought I was done with this car's
repairs for this year!
ares

"Scott" > wrote in message
. com...
> Sway bars help prevent lateral body roll. The object is to keep the car
> "flat" through turns thus increasing handling and performance while
> decreasing the chance of spin outs, excessive tire wear and the chance of
> rolling the car. A bushing is usually a round part (many times rubber)

that
> guide a larger cylindrical part to it's intended mating part. While these
> wear, it is cheaper to replace them than the part it "assists". What kind
> of car do you own?
>

> "ares" > wrote in message
> >I thank you guys for tipping me off as to what might be making the noise

in
> > my car, and was hoping you can just give me a little idea what IS a sway
> > bar
> > and bushing? It only sounds like it's on my front passenger side wheel
> > area. In other words, are there 2 sway bars and bushings per axle or

just
> > one? And is it part of the shocks and struts or something separate, and
> > does it have something to do with leveling the wheel on making left

turns