Old July 25th 05, 07:21 AM
Ashton Crusher

On 24 Jul 2005 20:29:02 -0700, "Vin" > wrote:

>Sdlomi2,
> Thanks for your idea - and a good one it is. I did have the rear
>differential fluid changed about 10K ago, and the wrong fluid could be
>a problem. I'm going back to the shop where the change was done to see
>what they used. On the receipt, it just shows that the diff. was
>serviced, but doesn't say with what. The shop manual only calls for
>regular "SAE 80W-90" but I'll check to see what was used. Thanks again
>for the idea - no one else came up with that one.

If both rear tires are going at the same speed then the posi plates
should not be sliding against each other and there should be no
problem from there even if it did have the wrong fluid or was
otherwise messed up. Messed up posi should really only show up during
turns or other times when the rear tires are not going the same speed
from side to side.