Old May 29th 05, 08:15 PM
C.H.

Default Now This Is Just Plain Stupid

On Sun, 29 May 2005 09:56:39 -0700, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> Way to go, California Legislature. It's ILLEGAL for these assholes to
> modify their exhaust systems - if they want to save their hearing, then
> they need to obey the ****ing law. Passing laws that make it easier for
> these pricks to break other laws is counterproductive, to say the least.

Have you ever ridden a normal motorcycle with legal exhaust? The exhaust
is not the problem, the wind noise on the helmet is. I doubt that many of
the 'I am such a hardass' straight-pipe-Harley riders wear ear protection,
judging by the number of them that doesn't even wear head protection.

Most riders around here wear earplugs, simply because they do a good job
filtering the distracting, tiring and damaging hissing wind noise on the
helmet and making hearing the important things, like sirens from emergency
vehicle, that are usually masked by the wind noise, much easier.

But of course it is easier to pass judgement on something one doesn't
understand instead of researching something first...

Chris