Old March 12th 05, 05:47 AM
Old Wolf

> Wasn't aware you had corrected for difference in lane driving,

Matthew
> Russotto didn't so I thought you did the same.

Sorry. I try to avoid confusion on this NG by speaking in
USA terms (drive-on-the-right). After all, in a drive-on-the-left
country, a LLB would be no problem

> Now that I understand what you are saying...that is nuts. Are you

aware
> of any other countries that do that? And how strict are the police at
> enforcing using turn signals?

No, and never that I've seen. We're all used to it though, so
there are few problems. The main problem with this law is that
the person turning right doesn't know when to go, if there
is someone facing him turning left, _and_ someone coming
straight through. The straight-through person has r-o-w over
the two turners, of course. Usually the straight-through driver
will duck around the person who's stopped waiting to turn left,
so the two turners are delayed because the left-turner had to
wait to see if the straight-through driver would go straight
through, or wait behind him! (Hope you followed all that).

It would be no problem if all drivers were intelligent, but..