Old November 7th 04, 08:35 PM
Tree Line

Default 1/2 quart/liter down, 3L Voyager 1994 stalls, why so sensitive?

I've noticed something strange about my Voyager 1994 3L engine.
After about 1000 miles, the car will start, sometimes to stall out
repeatedly, going 20-30 mpg or slow speeds or whatever.

Out of desperation, I would put in about 1/2 quart of oil, and the
problem disappeared.

This has happened on about 5 occasions so far.

Is the engine that sensitive? The dipstick is notorious for hard to
read, even if letting it sit outside the engine for 1/2 hours and then
put back in and the engine is cold.

I assume the engine oil is down slightly, 1/2 quart at most.

But why so sensitve?

Is this a sign of anything?