Old July 7th 06, 12:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Al J

Default '04 ZJ opinions/experience

Thanks, that would explain why a search for '04 ZJ problems' turned up
very little. We use our '97 ZJ for light duty towing, both boats and
snowmobiles and rarely go farther offroad than an occasional fireroad or
out on a frozen lake. I just don't care for all the changes on the new
ones and the Liberty just seems too cramped and I rarely see one pass me
at 70+. Our '97 ZJ has 75K miles on it, is 10 years old and an '04 WJ
seems like a good last chance.

The revised rear upper control arm setup made me wonder if it was the
fix for all the problems with rear axle carrier bearings, since this
would seem to take some of the loading off the axle tube to differential
case. The new Liberty's have a similar setup, which made me wonder if DC
was just sharing parts to save $$$ ;-)

In article >, says...

http://www.billhughes.com/