Old December 5th 04, 02:53 AM
Dick Boyd

Hans-Georg Michna > wrote in message >. ..
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:14:11 -0500, "Frank Looper"
> > wrote:
>
> >... most people who want to hold elective office
> >aren't the type folks that you'd want there.
> >
> >It's a problem worldwide. From town council to presidents, prime ministers
> >and U.N. officials.

> Frank,
>
> you are so right! We're breeding professional politicians.
>
> Hans-Georg

This from Illinois. Identify the crooks and either put them in prison
or in public office. Either way there will be someone watching them.

Yes, there are honest politicians in Illinois. They just have to work
harder watching the cooked ones. The crooks that get voted out of
office no longer have the spotlight of public scrutiny. They are now
free to use the information gained in office to drain the treasury.

Think about it. Politics has the highest unemployment. Only half the
candidates get elected. What happens to the ones that don't get
elected?

And finally, this question. What is the difference between the Boy
Scouts and a Town Council? Adult supervision.