Old May 30th 05, 06:11 PM
Robert Coffey

they <ford dealer> tuned it up before I bought it, i was checking the
plugs & air filter & found they were new. i shot some carb cleaner
through the intake- did not help.

The plug wires look new, but how do you check them with an ohmmeter?

I'll pull the dist cap & look for obvious <crack> , i thought you could
not set the timing on these.

sounds like many possibilities.... after the timing light check i'll
head to advance & get a Haynes.

Thanks for the help!