Old October 18th 04, 07:43 PM
John Chapman

"John Brunt" > wrote in message

> I find it amazing that you can pay £17,000 for a car and not have the

tools
> necessary to remove the wheels.
>
> Could you please give me any advice on this problem.
>

> Mandy Edwards.
>
> When I bought my 146 new the dealer made a point of showing me the wheel

bolt adapters and the method of using them to be able to change a wheel.
This was useful advice as I had never previously had dealings with alloy
wheels and needed to know this. The dealer also confirmed that they had
fitted the bolts themselves and showed me where they had placed the adapters
in their box next to the spare wheel. They are separate from the Alfa jack
used to raise the car.
Clearly your dealer failed to do this for you.
Your story would make an excellent local newspaper story and it would do the
dealer no harm to be threatened with this approach if they refuse to help
you.

John Chapman