Old October 17th 04, 09:24 PM

Max Reheat > wrote in message >. ..
> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:39:48 GMT, "John Brunt" >
> selected combat throttle and flew into a dogfight with:
>
> >I have been advised that it may not even be as simple as obtaining the
> >missing tool, I may have to have the existing nuts broken off and new ones
> >fitted for which the dealer I purchased my car from feels I am laible for.
> >I find it amazing that you can pay £17,000 for a car and not have the tools
> >necessary to remove the wheels.
> >
> >Could you please give me any advice on this problem.
> >

> Firstly, IMHO, FIAT/Lancia/Alfa lock nuts are rubbish. I had problems
> on my Lancia where the key was such a loose fit, in cold weather it
> just slipped round. I therefore recommend the fitting of third party
> wheel locks such as those supplied by Halfords. I bought a set of
> Halfords locknuts months before I got my 156.
>
> I'll (try to) e-mail you the easy method for undoing FIAT/Lancia/Alfa
> existing locks.

Funny, I fitted a set of Alfa locking wheel bolts to my 147 and they
tighten and slacken off perfectly. I bought them from the dealer in
Glasgow [Reg Vardy, I think]. They cost me £11. Afterwards, I checked
out a set at Halfords and they wanted something like £22/£25, you have
to be carefull with Halfords as they work on a 70% mark up on most of
their stock.
John, UK.