Old October 16th 04, 03:53 PM
Max Reheat

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:39:48 GMT, "John Brunt" >
selected combat throttle and flew into a dogfight with:

>I have been advised that it may not even be as simple as obtaining the
>missing tool, I may have to have the existing nuts broken off and new ones
>fitted for which the dealer I purchased my car from feels I am laible for.
>I find it amazing that you can pay £17,000 for a car and not have the tools
>necessary to remove the wheels.
>
>Could you please give me any advice on this problem.

Firstly, IMHO, FIAT/Lancia/Alfa lock nuts are rubbish. I had problems
on my Lancia where the key was such a loose fit, in cold weather it
just slipped round. I therefore recommend the fitting of third party
wheel locks such as those supplied by Halfords. I bought a set of
Halfords locknuts months before I got my 156.

I'll (try to) e-mail you the easy method for undoing FIAT/Lancia/Alfa
existing locks.

--
Max Reheat () - deselect Part Throttle Reheat to reply.

Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Selespeed Veloce
Lancia Dedra 1.8i.e.SE