Old May 2nd 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default subaru 2.2 into 71 bus home made adaptor plate?

wrote in news:1146515574.305079.186610
@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Hello group,
>
> I have a subaru 2.2 engine.. what a nightmare of vacuum lines and
> solenoids... I removed the carb, plugged all the vacuum lines..
> cast an adaptor to bolt to the intake manifold, put my solex
> on it.. It's a very small engine once you get all the crap off it.
>
> Has anyone here ever made an adaptor plate themselves
> (to go between engine and tranny), or know of anyone who
> has? Kennedy Engineering sells them, but they're a bit
> pricey.
>
> Rich

There have been others who have done so. At 7200rpm I'd just as soon pay
Hobart to machine it! What spec is a carburetted 2.2? I thought they were
all FI. Mine, by the way, is so smooth that you'll wonder why you didn't do
it years ago! Mine is FI & computerized fuel & ignition. You'll probably
need a high torque starter as well. ACNet was the best source when I bought
mine. Where are you putting the radiator & what rad are you using?
http://photos.yahoo.com/busahaulic01

--
-BaH
Dave Pearson