Old July 15th 05, 03:38 AM
slim

"Timothy J. Lee" wrote:

> In article <rVgBe.30047$4o.13555@fed1read06>,
> Peabody > wrote:
> >At the risk of being cynical, I view a lot of this as being
> >dealer revenue enhancement. You may disagree, but I think
> >that for a car like mine which averages less than 5000 miles
> >per year, following these guides literally would just mean
> >wasting a lot of money.

> However, low mileage is often severe service (e.g. city driving,
> short cold start trips).
>
> > > Brake pad wear very much depends on individual driver
> > > habits and where the car is driven.

> >Perhaps, but pad wear clearly does not depend on time at
> >all. If the car sits idle for a month, the brake pads don't
> >wear down even a little bit during that period.

> However, if the low mileage car is a city car, it is likely to
> wear out its brake pads before a high milage highway car does.

Damn right.

I get 18-22 on OEM pads in NYC.

--------------------

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/i...now-usat_x.htm

"Other top officials, including Cheney and Rumsfeld, said the war would
last
"weeks, not months.""

http://www.natcath.com/NCR_Online/ar...05/052705w.php

"More than two years into a war that was supposed to be quick and easy,
and
the justification for which has spun from removing a dictator to
eliminating
weapons of mass destruction to fighting terrorism and, finally, to
planting
democracy that would then spread across the Middle East, Iraq is in chaos."

RayGun sends his lackey to kiss Saddam's ass.
http://www.worldmessenger.20m.com/weapons.html#wms

http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
WHY IRAQ?: http://www.angelfire.com/creep/gwbush/remindus.html
http://www.quantumphilosophy.net/fil...yan_Medium.mov
http://www.toostupidtobepresident.co...ickenhawks.htm

"Bubba got a BJ, BU$H screwed us all!" - Slim