Old May 27th 05, 10:34 PM
Joey Tribiani

"bug '59" > wrote in message

> O, Ok so now i can delete my" *wanted to sent* reply... heheheh.

nah, not at all....send it so we can laugh....this group has become very
serious lately....i don't even mind laughing at *me* with you guys...

> And no i'm not saying porsche owners have more/less money than a VW guy.
> I know a porsche is more expensive than a VW, I mean (my guess is, so does
> Kevin) it IS a 'peoples car'. But i do like my beloved car and cherisch it
> the way i can. And i'm proud of being the owner ánd mechanic of my Bug

'59.

"the peoples" car was great...when that is what it was....however fast
forward several decades and it is a collectible antique . Our cars are not
old porsche's, no(well they are a porsche in a sense, but not really...LOL),
but they are becoming more rare....as the porsches were/are..... it really
is not the way it used to be....you don't find the vw's in yards for 50-100
bucks anymore(not on the eastcoast at least)...in my area(blue ridge
mountains of Virginia) i stop and look at nearly all vw's i see for
sale....you would be surprised at what 4 grand gets you these days...it gets
you alot....*alot* of rust and dents....in the past few years the prices on
the bus's have risen well.... the sedans are just skyrocketing in price
too..... i used to turn a profit on vw's in a weekend...buy it, put pans in
it, swap out the engine if need be, and paint it...could tripple/quadruple
my money in a weekend....not anymore....