Old March 11th 05, 01:41 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Mercedes-Benz, unquestioningly, as seen in many parts of the world, incl UK,
though I am not sure what "driver's car" means in the context of a 7 or S.

The latest 7 may be the toughest challenge to the S from BMW yet, but
S-Class is still king of the hill.

Different matter further down the food chain.

On a related matter, I am not sure that BMW and Merc are direct competitors
at all levels. Different cars for different preferences, even if some sizes
are similar.

At the extreme, is the A-Class really 'equivalent' to the 1 Series?

DAS

---

"Michael Low" > wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]
> IMO, there isn't another maker who can do the "refined drivers' cars in
> a luxury package" as well as BMW used to

[...]