Old March 14th 05, 03:29 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 01:34:10 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> > wrote:
>
>>I'll rephrase: the plates and placards are for the cars used by the people
>>who drive but can't walk a long distance.

> Not solely. As has been pointed out to you already (by multiple
> people), "abled" drivers are also allowed to park in these spaces when
> transporting the handicapped.
>
> If you have facts to the contrary, you are hereby called upon to cite
> them.

I've been informed by an expert on Oregon Revised Statutes (my wife, who
used to be in the legislature) that I've held the wrong idea. It seems you
and the others are right about this; people transporting the handicapped and
have plates or placards are allowed to use those handicap spots.

Hey, I don't mind admitting I made a mistake This doesn't alter the
fact that abuses do occur. It's those abuses I'm addressing.